Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Day 1: Jazz and Blues

                       The Aragon ballroom, as a part of the Jazz, Blues and Beyond tour of Chicago.

Robert: I went to the Aragon Ballroom twice before, but I never fully understood the history behind the building because nobody gave me that information.  I went to two Rise Against (punk band from Illinois) concerts both of the times that I was there and the performances were memorable. The acoustics on the inside are great for quality listening. I learned about the outside Spanish architecture and the Jazz scene on the north side of Chicago in the Uptown neighborhood.

Tony: The Aragon was one of the buildings that the Chicago Music Agora had visited on the first day.   It was a great experience seeing old landmarks that were under the radar in the city. Chicago Detours, the company that hosted the event, did a wonderful job with their information. It was truly a moment I will never forget.


                                      A wall of music related posters at Giordano's pizza.

Chicago Jazz and Blues exhibit at the Chicago History Museum.
Ivanna: I have never been to the Chicago History Museum, but i thoroughly enjoyed seeing an exhibit about music, and the fact that the room was made to recreate a 1920's Jazz club further heightened the experience!
A Laminated hand-out from the Jazz, Blues and Beyond tour. 

                            A map of Chicago neighborhoods at the Chicago History Museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment